Wednesday, August 8, 2012

So what's this blog thing all about?

So I'm getting on this blog bandwagon thing quite late in the game, I'm aware.  I'm not sure anyone will ever read this thing, but I need some place to organize my thoughts, and a journal doesn't fill my need for external attention and discussion.  I'll try and be entertaining and interesting, but I imagine my interests are a little specific, so I imagine this will be populated mostly by friends and blood relatives, but regardless, comments are welcome.  If you have a topic you want me to discuss, tell me.

So here we go.

Topics I'll probably feature here:
  •  Music.  Specifically my own personal progress as a guitarist, drummer, and musician; commentary and analysis on musicians and their works; and sharing things I think are neat.  Expect geekery.
  • Dancing.  I'll focus on my own development as a dancer, as well as the lindy hop and blues dance communities on both a national and local level.  Hopefully this will expand into hip hop as I do.
  • Sex and relationships.  And the politics and ethics of both, in the modern dating world.  Think Dan Savage but less articulate and flamboyant.  You might as well just go listen to Dan Savage.  Not really.  There will be an ongoing series about how to not suck at online dating.
  • Art criticism.  Other than music, I'll probably write my thoughts of other notable works, including films, television, and literature.  Possibly even the occasional video game.
  • Political Punditry.  With an emphasis on the puns.  
  • Miscellaneous thought experiments.  These will range from attempts at humor writing to philosophical arguments on the nature of art.  I'm sure they'll be my most popular posts.
The goal?  Update this bad boy at least three times a week.  Maybe I'll get more ambitious later, but that seems reasonable for now.

Good luck, me.

2 comments: