Thursday, August 23, 2012

Guitar: Week 2/3

Week two was a bust, due to social and dance commitments.  Week three, however, has been progressing well.  I have been able to practice at least thirty minutes every day.

Most of my work has been centered around practicing chord changes.  I can now strum quarter notes for "Mr. Jones" and "Closing Time" chords at 96 bpm pretty consistently.  My new goal is to begin incorporating strumming patterns, so I can actually sound like the songs.  If I can just improve this slightly more, I'll be where I need to be to play a full song at speed.

The finger drills are more difficult than I would think, but they are progressing nicely.

I have yet to practice my reading or really dig into "Autumn Leaves," but I still have four days to do that, so we'll make it happen.

On a side note, I also want to start working on some surf guitar stuff.  This guitar would just sound so good playing it.

Greatest success - metronoming.  I now barely consider it practicing when I don't have one out.

I'll try and get another post up Sunday or Monday detailing where I am before the lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment