Thursday, September 6, 2012

Gypsy Jam Recap

Last weekend I jammed all the Gypsies.  Not really.  But I did dance with Alice Mei.  What what.

Thomas and Alice are pretty amazing teachers.  I really dug the first day of workshops, which worked on a lot of cool rotational leads.  I now see why their ILHC spotlights are always so ... round.

Day two was less natural to me.  The problem area - over-rotated swingouts.  Holy crap is this hard.  The main problem with it is the beginning of the move has to be led entirely from the core.  I thought I was getting pretty good about not arm leading, but apparently not so much.

Moral of the weekend: Lots to practice.  Time to go back to the drawing board on the body leading stuff.  Work on being more relaxed with footwork.

And yes, dancing with Alice was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment